[ncl-talk] Problem with running ESMF_WRF_to_rect.ncl script

Abhishekh K Srivastava asrivas at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 21 23:49:05 MDT 2021

Hello,

I am trying to run an NCL script “ESMF_WRF_to_rect.ncl” on the NERSC CORI computer. The script template is available on https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Templates/#ESMFRegriddingTemplates. My script is attached with the email.

However, I get the following error message:

ESMF_regrid_gen_weights: could not find ESMF_RegridWeightGen executable.

Based upon the web search, I used following commands to know about the environment:

> ncl -V
6.5.0
> env | grep NCARG
NCARG_ROOT=/global/common/cori/software/ncl/6.5.0
> which ESMF_RegridWeightGen
/global/common/cori/software/ncl/6.5.0/bin/ESMF_RegridWeightGen

Can anyone suggest what is the reason for the problem and how to fix this?

Best,
Abhishekh

Abhishekh Kumar Srivastava
Postdoctoral Scholar
Department of Land, Air and Water Resources
University of California, Davis
Topic Editor, Atmosphere
Guest Editor, Climate

Office: 223 Hoagland Hall, 1 Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-8627
Email: asrivas at ucdavis.edu<mailto:asrivas at ucdavis.edu>