[ncl-talk] Convert unpacked netCDF file to packed one

Setareh Rahimi setareh.rahimi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 12:00:38 MST 2021

Dear Dave,
Thank you for your reply. Yes I am sure, because the model I am running
only accept packed nc file with scale factor.
Please have a look at attached file showing the error I face while running
the model with mentioned nc file.
Best regards,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 22:20 Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <
dave.allured at noaa.gov> wrote:

> That file is already compressed to 31% of its natural array size, using
> netcdf-4 internal compression.  Are you sure you want to do that?  If yes,
> then use the NCL function *pack_values*.
>

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 11:07 AM Setareh Rahimi via ncl-talk <
> ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> I need to convert an unpacked netCDF file to a packed one (
>> ftp://ftp2.psl.noaa.gov/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis2/pressure/air.2019.nc),
>> I wonder if this possible using NCL?
>> Many thanks in advance,
>> Best wishes,
>> --