[ncl-talk] Regridding from OSGB spatial coordinate to Latitude-longitude in rotated pole coordinates

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 26 09:38:19 MST 2021

Progress.  This proves that arrays grid_latitude and grid_longitude are
wrong in the input file.  This is no longer an NCL problem, except for
possibly trying to reproject the data using projection parameters.  I think
Dennis already said this projection is not supported in NCL, so that would
be difficult.

I recommend asking Iris support for help to generate the correct lat and
lon arrays.  You can show them the invalid coordinates directly, leaving
NCL out of the loop, by sampling the output from:

    ncdump -v grid_latitude,grid_longitude file.nc

It may also be possible to get the correct coordinate arrays by some other
method.  You might ask the original data provider if they can supply the
correct lat and lon arrays to match their data.  If you can get corrected
arrays, it would be easy to retrofit them into your temperature data file.