[ncl-talk] getting NCL to default color bar for plot

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 31 08:35:38 MDT 2021

Hi Jason,

I don't really have time to work through the details of the script, but I
would note that you are setting the colors array as:

colors = (/"10","30","38","48","56","66","74","94","450","600"/)

The values of which then get assigned the gsMarkerColor

If these values were intended to be indices from the default colormap, then:
i) they should be integer values, not strings,
ii) the maximum value should be 255, as NCL colormaps are limited to 256
colors.

Hope that helps...
Rick