[ncl-talk] method of finding high and low pressure areas

Micah Sklut micahs2005 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 14:54:22 MDT 2021

Hi NCL Talk,

I'm not sure if NCL Talk is still alive, but I guess I'll see.

I'm looking for a method of taking gridded data and identifying areas of
high and low pressure on the grid. This is not for plotting purposes, but
to use conditional logic to determine different synoptic scenarios
programmatically for specific grid points.

To elaborate a little further, given a specific grid point, can I
determine, yes or no if the grid point is in the proximity of a
low-pressure system.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thank you,

--
Micah Sklut