[ncl-talk] Serious bug in the taper (and taper_n) function with option 1

Orhan Eroglu oero at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 23 11:57:50 MDT 2021

Hello Koichi,

Thanks for your email and detailed explanation, as well as I am sorry to
hear the inconveniences you have been having!

As you already mentioned, NCL is in maintenance mode, and we are doing our
best to provide support for it (prioritizing Conda installation related
issues). However, even those types of issues are leading us to spend days
most of the time, sometimes without finding a solution. Since we have
several other toolkits in our GeoCAT stack that need to be planned,
developed, deployed, and maintained in our daily workflow, sometimes, we
can't even check and respond to NCL issues even though we wouldn't like to
oversee any support ticket such a vibrant community has.

With all that being said, we are noting down such issues for being
addressed in a future bug fix release (the date of which is not current as
of today), if the community itself does not resolve the issue with the help
of other users/developers.

The community developers are more than welcome to offer any
solutions/bug-fixes to such NCL issues.

I hope this helps understand our situation and the tool's maintenance plan.

Regards,