[ncl-talk] Removing annual cycle and nth harmonics from one dimensional data

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 6 19:56:45 MDT 2021

Not tested

Explicit approach

   prc1d(time)
   ntim = dimsizes(prc1d)
   nlat = 1
   mlon = 1

; expand 1D to 3D

   prc3d  = *conform_dims*((/ntim,nlat,mlon/), prc1d, 0)
   printVarSummary(prc3d)

   yyyyddd =

   prc3d_ClmDay = *clmDayTLL*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/clmDayTLL.shtml>(prc3d,
yyyyddd)
   printVarSummary(prc_3d)

   prc3d_ClmDay = *clmDayTLL*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/clmDayTLL.shtml>(prc3d,
yyyyddd)
   prc3d_Anom   = *calcDayAnomTLL* (prc3d, yyyyddd, prc3d_ClmDay)
    :
    :
2nd approach, cleaner and easier

there are *undocumented functions*  *clmDayT*, *calcDayAnomT*

prc1d_ClmDay    = *clmDayT*(prc1d, yyyyddd)
printVarSummary(prc1d_ClmDay )
prc1d_AnomDay =* calcDayAnomT*(prc1d, yyyyddd, prc1d_ClmDay)
printVarSummary(prc1d_AnomDay)

Look at *contributed.ncl*
 search for the above functions if you want