[ncl-talk] remove seasonal data

Sri nandini bax8609 at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Apr 9 06:20:40 MDT 2021

Hello dear ncl-users,

Could someone tell me if there is a function in NCL that only removes
seasonal (Annual cycle) data from monthly data?

The function: rmMonAnnCycLLT removes the annual cycle from monthly
(number of months = 12) data and subtracts the long-term means from each
month. But i do not want to get anomalies by subtracting the long term
means. I only want to calculate and remove the seasonal aspect (the
Annual cycle).

Thanx

Sri

--
Dr. Sri, Nandini-Weiss
Research Associate

Universität Hamburg
Center for Earth System Research and Sustainability (CEN)
Cluster of Excellence 'Climate, Climatic Change, and Society' (CLICCS)

Bundesstrasse 53, 20146 Hamburg