[ncl-talk] gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_polar

Mauro Morichetti s1073755 at pm.univpm.it
Wed Apr 7 07:42:50 MDT 2021

Hi all,

as the subject, I have a specific question about the function: gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_polar.

I am trying to plot a comparison between a WRF-Chem output and ERA5 data, for the geopotential height and the horizontal wind at 500 hPa, in arctic area.

I have an issue plotting the wind vectors: in WRF-chem output (panel a - map attached) the wind doesn’t respect the domain as the values in the background. I had problem in the past with the gsnAddCyclic function, but here I could not understand why the function doesn’t interfere with the vectors.

Attached the script.

Anyone can Help? Thanks

Regards

---------

Ph.D. Mauro Morichetti
Department of Industrial Engineering and Mathematical Science
Marche Polytechnic University, Ancona, Italy
m.morichetti at pm.univpm.it<mailto:m.morichetti at pm.univpm.it>

[cid:623bf7f7-f482-468a-842a-9bb513afab86 at eurprd04.prod.outlook.com]