[ncl-talk] indices_nino_1.ncl & the function 'mon_fullyear_n'

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 14 12:26:25 MDT 2020

You can see the code:

%> less  $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl

Search for '*mon_fullyear*'

The comments include:

undef("mon_fullyear")
function mon_fullyear(x:numeric, opt)
;
; Expand a variable containing monthly data to full (12 month) years
; The added months will be set to _FillValue.
;
; Example: Take a variable that may span (say)
; 190308 to 201105 and expand it to span 190301 to 201112.
; The extra values will be filled with _FillValue.
;
; This assumes that the input variable will have a
; time coordinate variable with units acceptable to cd_calendar
;
; generically: Only the 'time' dimension must be present.
;              It does not have to be named 'time'
;              All other meta data are preserved.
; x(time), x(time,J), x(time,N,M), x(time,K,N,M)
;
; If the input is already full years, the variable is returned unaltered.

---
so ... it should work