[ncl-talk] make ncl use the same contour levels

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 3 09:36:44 MDT 2020

Hi Mark,
There should be no need to enforce the behavior, as nothing further needs
to be done. If you cannot figure out why those settings do not work, you
can try switching to cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels" and set your
contour levels explicitly using cnLevels. See example #4 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/contourLev.shtml#ex4
Hope that helps!
Adam

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 4:12 PM M P via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I set this resources but ncl still won't make contours at the same levels
> for consecutive plots.
> Is there a way to enforce this behavior?
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> limitlow, limithigh, spacing are set to constant values
>
>    res at cnFillMode          = "AreaFill"
>    res at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"
>    res at cnMinLevelValF       = limitlow+spacing
>    res at cnMaxLevelValF       = limithigh
>    res at cnLevelSpacingF      = spacing
>    res at cnLineLabelsOn       = False

Adam Phillips