[ncl-talk] binary file

Debasish Hazra debasish.hazra5 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:06:08 MDT 2020

Hi,
I am trying to read binary file (attached in the email) through NCL and
file size is 589832 bytes. I am reading it as float but it coming out to be
589824. I am not sure what needs to be done to read it.

 setfileoption("bin","readbyteorder","littleendian")
 d1 = cbinread("./Test/modelout.dat",(/4,384,384/),"float")

warning:cbinread: The size implied by the dimension arrays is less that the
size of the file.
 Only the first 589824 contiguous bytes of the file will be read in.
Note dimensions and values may not be aligned properly

Any help on this is appreciated.
Thanks
Debasish