[ncl-talk] High resolution packages in NCL-6.6.2

G.Monte at isac.cnr.it G.Monte at isac.cnr.it
Thu Oct 1 03:56:16 MDT 2020

Dears all,
I recently installed version 6.6.2 of NCL into conda environment. When I
plot maps in high resolution, I get the following error message:

fatal:MapRGDHDrawMapList: MDRGSF/MDRGOF - ERROR OPENING RANGS/GSHHS CAT FILE

I think that I miss the correspondent packages.
I've already read that these packages can be downloaded and put in the
directory $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/database/rangs. Is this the only way to do
so, or do other ways to load these packages exist (maybe the procedure
could be different for conda environment)?

Thanks in advance,
Giulio Monte