[ncl-talk] Help Needed for Significance Level Plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 24 20:01:29 MST 2020

Hi Atul,
If you could better describe the issue you are having in future postings it
would be helpful, and would encourage more folks to take a look at your
script. Thank you for sending an easy-to-run script. Running your script, I
see the following issues:
1 - Within your double do loop you need to check for missing values:
  do j=0,nlat-1
    do i=0,nlon-1
      if (.not.ismissing(pval(j,i))) then    <----- Required
         if (pval(j,i).lt.siglvl) then
           sig(j,i) = 1.
        else
           sig(j,i) = 0.
        end if
       end if
     end do
  end do

Note that you can use the following where statement to do the exact same
operation:
sig = where(pval.lt.siglvl,1,0)

2 - Change res at cnrasterFill=True  to   res at cnFillMode = "RasterFill"
3 - You were setting all colors to be filled to transparent. Change this:
res at cnFillColors = (/"transparent","transparent"/)
to this:
res at cnFillColors = (/"blue","transparent"/)

I have attached the script. If you have any further issues please respond
to ncl-talk.
Adam