[ncl-talk] label box format and units

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 24 16:37:51 MST 2020

**I am NOT a graphics expert.**
-----
What "number format" do you want? The following is for tickmarks but, I
think, the following could be used for the wind annotation
See: *https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml#ex8*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml#ex8>

-----

There are few (if any) examples that explicitly illustrate an answer
to your question.
See *Example 4*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/unique_4.ncl> at
*UNIQUE* <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/unique.shtml>

The following explicitly adds "meters per second" as the units

  vcres at vcRefAnnoString1         = "$VMG$ meters per second"      ;  "$VMG$ mps"

$*VMG*$: The magnitude represented by the annotation's arrow.

 ----

Likely, there are other approaches but I have not experience with the wind
annotation object.

Hopefully, after the Thanksgiving holidays someone will respond.

Stay Healthy