[ncl-talk] creating a legend with gsn_csm_xy2

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 19 16:55:04 MST 2020

Hi Manisha,
Try setting xyExplicitLegendLabelsOn, as is shown in legends example #1
here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/leg_1.ncl
(lgLabelStrings works on contours, while xyExplicitLegendLabelsOn works on
xy plots.)

If that doesn't solve your issue let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:08 AM Manisha Ganeshan via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create a legend for a double Y-axis XY plot that is created
> using gsn_csm_xy2 function.
>
> The legend is getting plotted twice for the left and right Y axes,
> respectively, which is fine.
> However, for some reason, I'm unable to change the Label of the legend
> using resL at lgLabelStrings = "*mytext for left Y-axis"*
> resR at lgLabelStrings = "*mytext for right Y-axis"*
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks,
> Manisha
> --