[ncl-talk] NCARG_COLORMAPS in conda

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 19 06:33:45 MST 2020

Hi,

What do you mean "it does not work"?  What happens?  Normally one should
not need to set that environment variable unless there's something unusual
about the way the code is installed.  It is common however to set
NCARG_ROOT, and that should point to the directory containing the NCL
installation; i.e., the directory with the bin/ lib/ include/ and man/
directories belonging to NCL.  I don't recall offhand where a stock conda
install places those directories.

Rick