[ncl-talk] Plotting multiple .nc4 into one plot

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 25 10:58:09 MDT 2020

Addfiles will not work for this kind of swath data, because each file is on
a different grid.  You said this is interpolated data, which I think means
a standard master grid is in use, and all grid points in each file are on a
subset of the standard grid.  Please confirm this.  If true, then no
regridding is needed.

Start by creating a single large grid that covers the whole surface area of
all files combined.  Loop through the input files one at a time.  Read the
desired variable, and copy its small grid data into the correct position on
the larger grid.

When the loop is finished, plot the master grid using one of the normal
shaded contour plot functions.