[ncl-talk] Reading and plotting ASCII data (TRMM 3G68)

Lyndz olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:24:28 MDT 2020

Dear Sir Dennis,

Thank you so much for your help.

Actually, I was trying to use the ncl script used to read asc5.txt in the
example page (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/read_ascii.shtml)

But I am getting the following error:

(0) nfields = 9

fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #0

fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 186 in
file read_3G68.ncl

I'm not sure how to assign the variable type per column and in cases when
there is missing data.  The number of fields should be 16. Not all columns
are "float", some are integer.

int hr,min, row, col, tmiTotal,tmiRain;
      int prTotal,prRain;
      int combTotal,combRain;
      float tmiMean,tmiPercent;
      float prMean,prPercent;
      float combMean,combPercent;

I am attaching the modified script. I'll appreciate any help on
pointing out the problem in my modified script.

Sincerely,