[ncl-talk] small issues with the plot

Geeta Geeta geetag54 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 11:06:27 MDT 2020

Hi .
I have 2-3 issues with my plots. I am plotting 3 variables in one plot which are divergence, Q and then wind vectors. I am using overlay function. Each plot corresponds to one Level (total 7 levels) and 4 times. so there should be 28 plots. and I am making panel plot after that.  ie for one level, 4 plots of time.
the issues are
(a) My script is generating each plot but overwriting and finally I am left with plots of only one level.
(b) I am having difficulty adjusting the countour levels of two variables

One is shaded contour and other is without shading.

res at cnLevels              =  fspan(-2,2,10) ON the Line 152.  is the resource for 1st variable Divergence.

; resq at cnLevelSelectionMode  =  "ExplicitLevels"    for 2nd variable.
; resq at cnLevels              =  ispan(4,20,4)
If I use both then I get error.

without this setting, the plots are not uniform.

(c) warning:_NhlGetGksCi:Invalid Color index=-1222527888
is also

Geeta.