[ncl-talk] sub: significant test

dale zuri dalezuri at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 14:50:59 MST 2020

Hi Ncl user,
I have been trying to test the significance of an array using the following
steps. I don't see any stripes on the figure. I am not sure where I'm going
wrong. I don't get any warning message. I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks

;TTest:;;;;;

x1d=ndtooned(dfcor)

n    = dimsizes(x1d)                ; n=11

df   = n-2

siglvl=0.05

 ppr     = rtest(x1d, n, 0)

printVarSummary(ppr)

 x4d     = onedtond(ppr,(/26,76/))

printVarSummary(x4d)

x4d = where(x4d.lt.siglvl, 1, x4d)

printMinMax(x4d,0)

;overlay plot::::::

opt = True                                         ; set up parameters for
pattern fill

  opt at gsnShadeFillType = "pattern"                   ; specify pattern fill

  opt at gsnShadeLow      = 17                         ; stipple pattern

;  opt at gsnShadeDotSizeF = 3                           ; make dots larger

 plot2  = gsn_csm_contour(wks,x4d,res2)

  plot2   = gsn_contour_shade(plot2,0.05,30, opt)        ; stipple all
areas >= 99%  contour

  overlay (plot, plot2)