[ncl-talk] ERROR: correlation of principal components (PCs)

Edwin Marco eigenge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:45:04 MST 2020

Dear ncl users,

I was wondering if could help me to find out the source of error I got
in plotting
correlation of principal components (PCs). I have used filtered
precipitation datasets to calculate and plot eofs and generate associate
PCs and write them into netcdf file (EOF_my.nc).

Then using the written netcdf file (EOF_my.nc), I am getting error in
plotting correlation of the PCs.

*fatal: Subscript out of range, error in subscript #1*

*fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 98 in
file plot_correlation.ncl*

I have done a thorough investigation of the script and suspect line 75 to
be a source of error of line 98, however, I have not been able to solve the
problem.

*Line 75: *

*ind_mar_1_1981=ind(cd_cal(:,0) .eq. yrs .and. cd_cal(:,1) .eq. mns .and.
cd_cal(:,2) .eq. 1 .and. cd_cal(:,3) .eq. 0)*

 Please I need your help!!

I attach the script and the eof_my.nc datasets.

Thanks

Edwin