[ncl-talk] Mean with same lat and lon

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 29 09:33:25 MDT 2020

I don't really know for certain, but what about something like this (i.e.,
explicitly computing the average):

data           :=  new((/nlat,mlon/),"float"
data           =  0
dataCount := new((/nlat,mlon/), "integer")
dataCount = 0

   data({lat(i)},{lon(i)}) = data({lat(i)},{lon(i)}) + var(i)
  dataCount({lat(i)},{lon(i)}) = data({lat(i)},{lon(i)}) + 1
end do

data = where(dataCount.ne.0, data/dataCount, data)

Hope that helps...
Rick