[ncl-talk] ESMF regridding

Buzan, Jonathan jbuzan at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 24 15:54:07 MDT 2020

Thanks Adam, I’ll contact you offline.

Cheers,
-Jonathan

On Jun 24, 2020, at 11:47 PM, Adam Herrington <adam.herrington at stonybrook.edu<mailto:adam.herrington at stonybrook.edu>> wrote:

Hi Buzan,

I can help you with this, but let's take this discussion offline. I will email you from my ncar account aherring at ucar.edu<mailto:aherring at ucar.edu>

Adam

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 3:40 PM Buzan, Jonathan via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu<mailto:ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu>> wrote:
Hello NCL-Talk,

I am attempting to use paleo-toolkit for CESM1.2, however, it seems that the ESMF module tools on Cheyenne are not working correctly (some sort of linking error to the compilers).

I need to make the coupler mapping files using the finite volume 1x1 atmosphere, fv0.9x1.25_141008.nc<http://fv0.9x1.25_141008.nc/>, and high resolution LGM ocean grid, gx1_21ka_jrb_200616.nc<http://gx1_21ka_jrb_200616.nc/>, but without the ESMF tools working, I cannot make them.
NCL has ESMF regridding tools, and I was wondering if anyone has tried to use NCL to make the coupler mapping files for CESM?

Thanks for any tips.
-Jonathan