[ncl-talk] ESMF regridding

Buzan, Jonathan jbuzan at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 24 15:40:28 MDT 2020

Hello NCL-Talk,

I am attempting to use paleo-toolkit for CESM1.2, however, it seems that the ESMF module tools on Cheyenne are not working correctly (some sort of linking error to the compilers).

I need to make the coupler mapping files using the finite volume 1x1 atmosphere, fv0.9x1.25_141008.nc, and high resolution LGM ocean grid, gx1_21ka_jrb_200616.nc, but without the ESMF tools working, I cannot make them.
NCL has ESMF regridding tools, and I was wondering if anyone has tried to use NCL to make the coupler mapping files for CESM?

Thanks for any tips.
-Jonathan