[ncl-talk] Issue with creating a bar chart plot

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 8 07:16:57 MDT 2020

I took a quick look at the code. As the errors indicate, it's happening in
a function call get_bart_width(). The calculation of the variable "delta"
is clearly wrong, and that sets off the warning, and triggers the error
later in get_bar_arrays about non-monotonicity (it's actually not that the
array is non-monotonic, it's that it has negative widths).

Beyond that, I can not tell why the calculation is wrong, particularly
without the data. That part of the code hasn't changed in some years, so
the v6.5.0 vs v6.6.2 difference is a mystery.

FWIW...
Rick