[ncl-talk] Using NetCDF with WRAPIT

Ian Harris (ENV - Staff) I.Harris at uea.ac.uk
Fri Jul 17 10:03:31 MDT 2020

Hi,

I need to write NetCDF files with a Fortran subroutine, because there seems to be a memory leak in addfile(). I know that was supposed to be fixed years back, but I have memory usage graphs that indicate otherwise. And yes, I have comprehensive deletion strategies.

I've tried a lot of things, including reinstalling ncl, (oh, yes..), NetCDF, etc, etc, but I cannot get WRAPIT to recognise the "include 'netcdf.inc'" line in the subroutine. Has anyone managed this? How did you link to the libraries?

Here are a couple examples that don't work:

WRAPIT  -L/usr/local/lib -l netcdf -L /usr/local /usr/local/lib/libnetcdff.a /usr/local/lib/libnetcdf.a   ~/Programs/Fortran/forverify3.for
WRAPIT -L /opt/local/lib -l netcdf -L /opt/local -l libnetcdff.a ~/Programs/Fortran/forverify3.for

..I just chose two from dozens.

Is it actually *possible* to have a NetCDF-aware Fortran subroutine under WRAPIT?

Cheers

Harry