[ncl-talk] OPeNDAP

Ehsan Taghizadeh ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 00:43:35 MDT 2020

 Dear JorgeThank you so much for your helpful reply.Actually, I need more help and I'll be thankful if I could have any guidance, again.
It seems the speed of reading from (https://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/) and (https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/idd/forecastModels.html) are different and I got higher speed (but not much) from the later. Is it true?
Also, I tried to read different variables from them. Surprisingly, I took 0 (zero) for min and max for some of the variables, which it couldn't be true.
I've attched the scripts for reading from both. Following are summary of the output for printMinMax.
Reading from nomdas:$ ncl gfsopendapplotncltalk1.nclVariable: prec
(0)     ** surface total precipitation [kg/m^2]  : min=0   max=641.75

Variable: tempsfc
(0)     ** surface temperature [k]  : min=200.6   max=356.09

Variable: temp2m
(0)     ** 2 m above ground temperature [k]  : min=208.9   max=325.9

Variable: tempmax2m
(0)     ** 2 m above ground maximum temperature [k]  : min=0   max=0

Variable: tempmin2m
(0)     ** 2 m above ground minimum temperature [k]  : min=208.729   max=323.016

As it could be seen "tempmax2m" has min=0 and max=0!
Reading from thredds:
 $ ncl gfsopendapplotncltalk2.ncl

Variable: prec
(0)     Total precipitation (Mixed_intervals Accumulation) @ Ground or water surface (kg.m-2) : min=0   max=0

Variable: tempsfc
(0)     Temperature @ Ground or water surface (K) : min=200.3   max=356.09

Variable: temphag
(0)     Temperature @ Specified height level above ground (K) : min=0   max=0

Variable: tempap
(0)     Apparent temperature @ Specified height level above ground (K) : min=181.281   max=328.033

Variable: tempmax
(0)     Maximum temperature (Mixed_intervals Maximum) @ Specified height level above ground (K) : min=209.532   max=327

Variable: tempmin
(0)     Minimum temperature (Mixed_intervals Minimum) @ Specified height level above ground (K) : min=0   max=0

As it could be seen "temphag" and "tempmin" have min=0 and max=0! Do you have any idea?May I ask whether anyone could plot different variables from these opendap servers?I'll be thankful for any help.
SincerelyEhsan