[ncl-talk] Filling up with missing data using str_split_by_length

Geeta Geeta geetag54 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 02:22:57 MDT 2020

Thank u Dr dennis sir.
It worked

Geeta.

 On Sunday, 5 July, 2020, 04:37:52 am IST, Dennis Shea <shea at ucar.edu> wrote:

 https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/str_get_cols.shtml
See Example 3
The example look very similar to your datasets. Perhaps, the column number need to be changed.
Good Luck

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 11:42 AM Geeta Geeta via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:
Hi.

My text data file has 11 columns and rows that are variable depending on the file.

Some columns have incomplete data which I have to fill with -999. I was trying to use str_split_length but it is not working well.

Can someone suggest how should I do this.

thanks

ncl-talk mailing list

ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu

List instructions, subscriber options, unsubscribe: