[ncl-talk] contour not working with missing values in coordinate variables

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 11:27:55 MST 2020

Hello:

You can always plot point data, interpolating it to a grid.

Perhaps this will help...?

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/linint2_points.shtml

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 7:44 PM xiaoming Hu via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> Because there are missing values in the 2d latitude and longitude,  the
> contour plot did not work.
> So I have to cut off the area with the missing coordinate variables by
>   LST = f->visible_count(78:730,365:998)
>   LST at lat2d = latitude(78:730,365:998)
>   LST at lon2d = longitude(78:730,365:998)
>
> But by doing so, I miss a lot of useful data.
> Anyway to plot the full data?   My full script is attached
> A sample data file:
> http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/SouthernOcean/Observation/satellite.SATCORPS_V2.2_HIMAWARI-8.2km.201802170000.NC
> The domain I want to plot on:
> http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/SouthernOcean/Observation/wrfout_d01_2018-02-18_20:00:00
> BTW: this script works very slow even when I cut off the area with missing
> coordinate.
> Thanks a lot!
> Xiaoming Hu

Guest Editor of Special Issue “Extreme Hydroclimatic Events and Prediction”
LINK:
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/water/special_issues/Extreme_Hydroclimatic_Events

Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D
Senior Associate Scientist, Lecturer,