[ncl-talk] contour not working with missing values in coordinate variables

xiaoming Hu yuanfangcan at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:34:38 MST 2020

Because there are missing values in the 2d latitude and longitude,  the contour plot did not work.
So I have to cut off the area with the missing coordinate variables by
  LST = f->visible_count(78:730,365:998)
  LST at lat2d = latitude(78:730,365:998)
  LST at lon2d = longitude(78:730,365:998)

But by doing so, I miss a lot of useful data.
Anyway to plot the full data?   My full script is attached
A sample data file: http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/SouthernOcean/Observation/satellite.SATCORPS_V2.2_HIMAWARI-8.2km.201802170000.NC
The domain I want to plot on: http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/SouthernOcean/Observation/wrfout_d01_2018-02-18_20:00:00
BTW: this script works very slow even when I cut off the area with missing coordinate.
Thanks a lot!
Xiaoming Hu