[ncl-talk] How to get Monthly climatology of Level 2 TRMM swath data

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 30 10:14:50 MDT 2020

  *nmos = 12*
  gbin  = new ( (/*nmos,*nlat,mlon/), float )
  gknt  = new ( (/*nmos,*nlat,mlon/), integer)

Loop over each file and sum

  nmo = ...   ;  determine the month [nmo=0,11] for the current file
 * bin_sum*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/bin_sum.shtml>
(gbin(nmo,:,:),gknt(nmo,:,:),lon,lat,LON1D,LAT1D,ndtooned(x))

Later:
  gknt     = *where*(gknt.eq.0 , gknt at _FillValue, gknt)
  gbin     = gbin/gknt