[ncl-talk] missing values not recognized

Manisha Ganeshan manisha.ganeshan86 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:41:10 MDT 2020

Hello,

I wish to set all missing values for major variable types (integer, float,
double) to -999 in order to correctly read in my arrays. I use
set_default_fillvalue to do so at the beginning of my code.
It seems for some reason that the _FillValue attribute isn't automatically
set to -999. So, I proceeded to explicitly set it, following which it works
for some variables but doesn't recognize -999 as missing value for others.
Any idea what may be causing this?

I'm attaching my code here.

Regards,
Nisha