[ncl-talk] masking data with shapefile

Oluwaseun Ilori wilseun at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 10:39:25 MDT 2020

I've been trying do some Mann-Kendall analysis and to calculate coefficient
of regression using shapefile of Nigeria using the attached script until I
got error message saying "*shapefile_mask_data: Error: not a valid
rectilinear, curvilinear, or unstructured grid*" I have searched for help
but could not find any. Since all my inputs data are similar, I also
attached output of ncl_filedump of one input since ncdump keeps giving me
unknown file form.

thanks for your reply

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 4:47 PM Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi -- did you perhaps forget the ncdump output?  IOf so, please reply to
> the group.
>
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 9:33 AM Oluwaseun Ilori via ncl-talk <
> ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Good day  NCL users
>>
>> I've been trying do some Mann-Kendall analysis and to calculate
>> coefficient of regression using shapefile of Nigeria using the attached
>> script until I got error message saying "*shapefile_mask_data: Error:
>> not a valid rectilinear, curvilinear, or unstructured grid*" I have
>> searched for help but could not find any. Since all my inputs data are
>> similar, I also attached output of ncdump of one input.
>>
>> thanks for your reply
>>
>> --
>> *OLUWASEUN ILORI*
>> *M.Tech in Meteorology and climate science*
>>
>> *Phone: +2347031000687 +2348069154213*
>> *Federal University of Technology Akure. Nigeria.*
>> *Facebook: *http://facebook.com/hilorywilson
>> <https://www.facebook.com/hilorywilson>
>> linkedln: https://www.linkedin.com/in/wilson-ilori-447952108
>> Twitter: HiloryW