[ncl-talk] NCL to Python

Damianos Mantsis dmantsis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 02:27:34 MDT 2020

Hi everyone

I have a question about the transition from NCL to Python. I need to
transition to the NCL related Pyhon modules, that have been developed by
the NCAR team given the fact that NCL will not be further developed.

My question is about the use of PyNGL, PyNIO, WRF-Python modules. Which of
these need to be installed with Python. Some of these are interdependent
and I got  a little confused, and one might contain the other. If you are
not familiar with the topic please suggest someone that has done this
transition (NCL to Python). any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you