[ncl-talk] R: installing ncl on Debian Linux 10

Francesco Trotta francesco.trotta4 at unibo.it
Tue Apr 21 21:52:57 MDT 2020

Dear Gus Correa

I tried to create a link libgfortran.so.3 to libgfortran.so.5
but I got another error
ncl: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgfortran.so.3: version `GFORTRAN_1.4' not found (required by ncl)

I would like to not use the virtual environment for now
SO I tried to compile and install from the source code ncarg-6.6.2
following the step-by-step instructor from the website

After I installed all the necessary package on the /usr/local/ and
run the command: make Everything >& make-output
I end up with the below executables:

But there is not 'ncl'

bash: ncl: command not found

What did I miss?

Many Thanks
Francesco

surf at surf:/usr/local/ncl_ncarg/ncl_ncarg-6.6.2/bin$ tree -L 2 ./
./
├── cgm2ncgm
├── ConvertMapData
├── ctlib