[ncl-talk] Fw: shapefile mask

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 13 10:16:19 MDT 2020

Hi Ehsan,

The attached plot and script reveal there is nothing wrong with the
shapefile -- all 6 basin regions are plot (please forgive the ugly colors!)

So that might point to the logic in the code where the colors are
determined. Are you doing something similar to example shapefile_13.ncl,
where you loop over the grid points and call gc_inout() to determine which
cells are inside a basin? Note that 5 out of the 6 basins have multiple
segments (i.e., closed-polyline loops), and you'd likely need to perform
your in/out testing over each segment

I hope that helps...
Rick