[ncl-talk] Taylor Diagram

Dr. Suman Maity suman.buie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:55:37 MDT 2020

Hi all
This is Suman. I am quite new in using NCL. I need your help for the
following problem.
I have multi-ensemble model output (ens1, ens2, ens3.....ens100) for
rainfall and observational rainfall. I want to plot Taylor diagram to make
a visual comparison between ensemble member and observation. My queries are:
1. Whether Taylor diagram is to be plotted spatially or temporally? I mean
the statistics are spatial or temporal? Which is more scientific?
2. In https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/taylor.shtml, there is no
example given how to draw Taylor diagram from a netcdf file directly. All
the example contains prescribing arbitrary correlation and standard error
data.
I request you all to share a script containing
  a) reading of netcdf files,
  b) calculations of statistics,
  c) plotting of Taylor diagram.
I explored a lot but couldn't find.
Any sort of help in this regard will extremely helpful.
Thanking you,

Best
Suman