[ncl-talk] The output of print statement showed in a “floating window” in NCL command line interactive mode

Jianyu Liu jerry_leo at msn.com
Wed Apr 1 03:32:35 MDT 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

NCL VERSION :  6.6.2
OS                  :  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
Compilers       :  GNU 8.3.0

I followed the guide of building NCL from source codes and built NCL on a SLES 15 box.  There was no any compilation error, and everything worked fine, except a 'wired' behaviour of print statement in the NCL command line interactive mode.

When issue the 'print' command  from the NCL command line interactive mode, it print in a “floating window” which overlaid on the current window until press 'q' to close it,  as showed in attachment ncl_print_issue.png .  This happened with only SUSE box.

On anther RHEL 6 box, built the same version of NCL from source codes,  it worked as normal,  print at the new line within the same window, like attachment ncl_print_normal.png showed.

I have no clue what went wrong for the NCL on SUSE box, and wondering how to disable print in the “floating window”.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your time

Regards

Jianyu