[ncl-talk] Power Spectrum /specx_anal function

Drbz Kg drbz.kg at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 10:05:30 MDT 2019

Dear NCL Community,I have a question regarding "specx_anal" function.First, is the return value equal to the power spectral density (PSD)? if not what is its relationship with amplitude? can we compute the amplitudes from the return values?I am trying to find periodic signals in the monthly time series of the latitude of the maximum precipitation (attached figure"Amplitude"). I polt this figure using MATLAB based on the latitudinal range (amplitude). Since I want to add the confidence curves (specx_ci, figure spec_anal), I want to understand the relationship between "specx_anal" function return value and the amplitude.
Many thanks,