[ncl-talk] avoiding loops

Micah Sklut micahs2005 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 14:53:00 MDT 2019

Hi,

I have a task to take GFS data and concatenate variables across all the
forecast hours, for each grid point.

For example, taking a temperature variable for each grid point, for all
latitude and longitudes, and creating a string that represents the values
for each forecast hour.
So, if we have for latitude y, and longitude x, there would be a string
value like "70.5,71.5,71.5,72.0,...nHours".  The end product will be a line
for each grid point for the variables i"m looking at that will be written
to a file to be imported into a database.

Creating loops through all hours, latitudes, and longitudes will get the
job done, but is expensive and was looking to see if there were any NCL
functions that would help here.

Thank you.