[ncl-talk] Polar stereographic plots of tripole grids

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 18 21:30:38 MDT 2019

float siconc(time, lat, lon)
where lat(lat) and lon(lon) are coordinate variables.
There is no need to use @lat2d, @lon2d

The original file was renamed when I downloaded:

test.siconc_SIday_BCC-CSM2-MR.nc <==
siconc_SIday_BCC-CSM2-MR_historical_r1i1p1f1_gn_19000101-19091231.nc
===
Variable: sic
Type: float
Total Size: 121939200 bytes
            30484800 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: *[time | 365] x [lat | 232] x [lon | 360]*
Coordinates:
            time: [ 0.5..364.5]

*           lat: [-81.5..89.5]   <== coordinate variable            lon: [
0.5..359.5]  <== coordinate variable*
Number Of Attributes: 11
  standard_name : sea_ice_area_fraction
  long_name : Sea Ice Area Fraction (Ocean Grid)
  comment : Area fraction of grid cell covered by sea ice
  *units : %*
  original_name : CN
  cell_methods : area: mean where sea time: mean
  cell_measures : area: areacello
  history : 2018-11-27T09:03:20Z altered by CMOR: Treated scalar dimension:
'type'.
  coordinates : type latitude longitude
  missing_value : 1e+20
  _FillValue : 1e+20