[ncl-talk] area averaging

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 10 16:06:03 MDT 2019

This is a very vague question. You must be more specific.

re: "have tried many procedures but all in vain

Well what have you tried.

---
Since you are talking about an area about  "centering the eye of the
cyclone", some examples that may be of some use:

*https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml>
Examples 24, 25, 29-31

*https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/unique.shtml*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/unique.shtml>
Katrina_circle.ncl, Katrina_circle_hist.ncl

*https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml>
regrid_15.ncl