[ncl-talk] Filtering dates of a netcdf file (include number of gridpoints as additional criteria)

Lyndz olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 23:13:08 MDT 2019

Dear Rashed and NCL experts,

I tried adding another condition on the above script:
(a) OLR < 240 W/m2 and the number of grid points with rainfall above 0
mm/day should be at least 10%.

Like this:
     olr_threshold = 240
     olr_aave=wgt_areaave_Wrap(olr_region,1.0,1.0,0)

*     if((perc.gt.req_perc) .and. (olr_aave.lt.olr_threshold))then
ids_valid(n) = n       else        print(n+ " ... pertange of grid points
is less than 80% = > "+perc)      end if*

I am getting the following errors:

*fatal:Conditional statements (if and do while) require SCALAR logical
values, see all and any functionsfatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error
occurred at or near line 66 in file date_filter.ncl*

Line 66 is the end if part of the script.

I uploaded the olr data here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufdzfk4ky2gfmz8/olr_1979_AMJ.nc?dl=0

and the script is attached in this email.

Any suggestions on how to do this correctly in NCL?
I'll appreciate any help.

Sincerely,
Lyndz