[ncl-talk] Re-scaling Variables Vertically

MELISSA KAZEMI RAD mk1369 at scarletmail.rutgers.edu
Fri Sep 6 11:18:59 MDT 2019

Hi Will,

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I am familiar with that resource in order
to change the Y_axis label. But my problem is not a visualization one; I
need to re-scale values of a number of variables along their vertical
dimension. For example, let's assume I have two variables X1 and X2, and I
want to take their average in the vertical dimension with the caveat that,
if zi (which is my height of interest) for X1 is zi_Xi, I first want to
re-scale X2 so that zi_X2 = zi_Xi, and then take the average.

The problem with WRF is that, if zi_Xi = 11 and zi_X2=13 for instance, I
know of no way to re-scale values in Z direction for X2 so that the new
zi_X2=11.  It's not a question of interpolation either.

I hope I could explain what I'm looking for.

Thanks,