[ncl-talk] Computing apparent heat source from reanalysis data

Lyndz olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 06:24:25 MDT 2019

Dear NCL experts,

*[Details]*
I am calculating the apparent heat source from NCEP R2 reanalysis data
following the equation of Yanai et al. (1973) as in the attached image (
https://renqlsysu.github.io/2019/02/01/apparent_heat_source/)

I have uploaded my files in my dropbox for verification:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jx6gr9huan5v7lp/AADDr0pULF3cmMgP7LMVQVCma?dl=0

*[Problem]*
Attached in this email is the script that I am currently working on. It
runs fine but the values of the apparent heat source is *-Inf* for all grid
points.

I would like to ask for suggestions on how to compute this correctly in NCL.

Sincerely,

Lyndz