[ncl-talk] Error in explicit selection mode

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 3 16:44:09 MDT 2019

Hi,

Errors coming out of the low-level contouring routines, like this case, are
very hard to track down. I have found in the code where the error message
emanates, but I'm uncertain as to the conditions leading to it other than
that something horribly wrong happened in the contouring code.  Are you
able to share your script and data (you can send directly to me)?
Otherwise, are you able to post the plot when you use AutomaticLevels, and
possibly the output from
stat_dispersion() on the variable being plotted?

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/stat_dispersion.shtml

Rick