[ncl-talk] how does interpolation work in contour plot?

Will Hobbs will.hobbs at utas.edu.au
Thu Oct 31 18:55:26 MDT 2019

Hi Lesley

Sorry, can’t point you to a detailed explanation, but the default contouring mode is ‘AreaFill’, and there is a bit of a description under the ‘cnFillMode’ resource help entry.

Have you tried setting cnFillMode = “RasterFill”, with the same explicit levels? I suspect it will ‘digitise’ the filling in the way that you want (but I don’t know).

Will