[ncl-talk] XY plot

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 31 12:07:22 MDT 2019

Different aspects of your attached plot are outlined below. There are a
number of other examples if you look around for them.

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/scatter.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/scatter.shtml>
Example 12 [created by Alan Brammer]

---
Filled Circles:

  res at xyMarkLineMode = "Markers"      ; default is line
  res at xyMarker              = 16                 ; filled dot
  res at xyMarkerColor      = "Red"
  res at xyMarkerSizeF       = 0.025          ; Marker size (default
0.01) ; may have to play with size

----
Y-Axis Labels

  res at tmYLMode                = "Explicit"
  res at tmYLLabels              =  (/"CNRM-CM5","IPSL-CM5B-LR", ....., \

                                                 ,.....
      ,"GISS-E2-R-CC" /)

  res at tmYLValues              = (/ Y_axis_values.../)

---
Shading:

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml>
Example 26
---
Vertical lines:

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml>
Example 20
Example 27

---
Add text:

    *gsn_add_text*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_add_text.shtml>,
  *gsn_text*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_text.shtml>

 txres               = True
 txres at txFontHeightF = ...            ; Set the font height

 label = "CMIP5"                     ; txFuncCode is ~
 text = gsn_add_text(wks,plot,label,xValue, yValue, txres)

Good luck