[ncl-talk] climo_3.ncl + loop + conventional subscripts

zoe jacobs zoejacobs1990 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 10:14:02 MDT 2019

Hi all,
regarding climo_3.ncl (
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/climo_3.ncl) ,
I have 2 questions:
1. I need to plot all months on one panel (say 3*4), and cannot understand
the logic behind the below loop, which used in the climo_3.ncl script :

i = -1                                        ; Climatologies
  do nmo=0,11,3                                 ; loop over the months
     i = i+1
     res at gsnCenterString   = months(nmo)+":"+time(0)/100 +"-"+ time(ntim-1)/100
     plot(i) = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,prcClm(nmo,:,:), res)  ; create plot
  end do

How  does it  work??/

2. I would like to show climotology temperature from 1987- 2015. Data
which I am using is air.mon.mean.nc  (
https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/gridded/data.ghcncams.html)  and it
is using conventional subscripts. I am not familiar with conventional
subscripts. So how can I convert coordinate subscripting to
conventional subscripts?!!

Please kindly advice me .

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards,